Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jamiebono
Frequent Visitor

Unable to use VNET gateway with Dataflow

Hi, I have a VNET connection that works wonderfully with data sets, but it does not show up when I try to create a dataflow using the same sources. "(none)" is listed in the dropdown even though the gateway exists and is in active use by a dataset in the same workspace.

I feel like I am missing something obvious.

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jamiebono,

what data source are you using? Next to that, consider the following:

• Please note that the list for supported datasources is slightly smaller for dataflows then for datasets.
  • Also, VNET gateways are only supported in Power Platform dataflows.
  • Lastly (also on the docs):  VNet data gateways can only be used in Power platform environments in the home region of your tenant.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

Thanks, @nickyvv ! I am trying to connect to an Azure SQL database. I saw the stuff about Power Platform, but thought I had missed something else.

I will mark this as a solution.

Cheers,

Jamie

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ablib

Who all gets frustrated when you Google search for a problem, get a hit like this one with the exact same problem as I'm having, see that it's marked as resolved...and yet there is zero resolution?  Like...not even a semblance of a solution.

There is no solution...still. @nickyvv answered my question, but MS has yet to fix this.

Have a very nice day.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jamiebono,

what data source are you using? Next to that, consider the following:

• Please note that the list for supported datasources is slightly smaller for dataflows then for datasets.
  • Also, VNET gateways are only supported in Power Platform dataflows.
  • Lastly (also on the docs):  VNet data gateways can only be used in Power platform environments in the home region of your tenant.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Is the above still true in 2022/23? I'm trying to set a vnet gateway that should be visible in the project options dropdown of a dataflow table within the Power BI Service but cannot find a way to see it.

Thanks!

Did you determine if this was possible? I am not seeing the data gate way when I try to configure in power bi service. (source databricks, Vnet data gateway, power bi premium)

Thanks, @nickyvv ! I am trying to connect to an Azure SQL database. I saw the stuff about Power Platform, but thought I had missed something else.

I will mark this as a solution.

Cheers,

Jamie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors