Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kathrynhmoss
Helper I
Helper I

Revert App Navigation back to old version

Hi, 

I have had some feedback from users of my workspace app who dislike the fact that the navigation appears down the left hand side with all dashboards (plus their pages). 

I cannot seem to find a way to go back to the old way that used to show a "tile" per dashboard. 

Does anyone know whether we can get this funtion back or how i can turn it off? 

New way - we do not want thisNew way - we do not want thisOld way - we want to get this back!Old way - we want to get this back!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @kathrynhmoss 

I share your pain.

In the "old" App UI it was possible to turn off the Navigation builder, then the App would be presented as just a list of content, with no navigation bar on the left hand side.

Burningsuit_0-1665160880029.png

However there is no such option in the "new" App UI, you have to have a navigation bar on the left hand side, and there is no way to turn it off. Furthermore once you have "upgraded" a workspace to the "new" experience there is no way to roll it back to the old. <sigh>

If it's really important to you, you might submit an idea to get it reinstated.

Ideas (powerbi.com)

Hope this helps

Stuart 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @kathrynhmoss 

To answer your question, there is no revert action in the service.

But looking at the 2 images you are sharing i think you are a bit confused here. the image on the left is the App (space) where users can visualise the reports that you have published from the Workspace. the image on the right is the Worksapce where you publish your reports from the desktop.

aj1973_0-1665068245837.png

In my guessing is that you gave Access permissions to users to your workspace and then you disabled them in order to let then access the App.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hi Amine, 

Thank you for getting back to me. 

No, both are the app. Definetly not the workspace. 

The one on the right (the way i want to revert back to) is how the app used to look before this new update has happened. I think you used to be able to choose between having the navigation down the left, and the old way. But it seems that some update has happened and i can't get the old navigation back. 

Really frustrating as my users are not happy with this and are finding the new navigation pane difficult to use and are getting confused about which dashboard they are looking at. 

I can see that some poeople might think that it looks nicer, but i have to agree with my users. It does make it quite confusing when you have users who are not using PowerBI every day like i do. 

Ohhh, I see what are you talking about now

aj1973_0-1665069288090.png

There used to be a Tab for "Shared with me" on the menu bar on the left. True, I my self am surprised not seeing it anymore. Could it be a role/permission the Power BI Admin needs to add !!??

I will have to check. 

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

I'm not sure whether that is it either. So sorry! 

My users would go to Apps in their side bar when they first open up PowerBI service

Then they will get a list of all of the apps that they have got shared with them

Then when they click on the app that they want to look at, that is when they are "greeted" by the new navigation 

I have only been able to share an example of the old navigation because for some reason, this one has not yet changed over to the new navigation. 

Hi @kathrynhmoss 

I share your pain.

In the "old" App UI it was possible to turn off the Navigation builder, then the App would be presented as just a list of content, with no navigation bar on the left hand side.

Burningsuit_0-1665160880029.png

However there is no such option in the "new" App UI, you have to have a navigation bar on the left hand side, and there is no way to turn it off. Furthermore once you have "upgraded" a workspace to the "new" experience there is no way to roll it back to the old. <sigh>

If it's really important to you, you might submit an idea to get it reinstated.

Ideas (powerbi.com)

Hope this helps

Stuart 

Can you please take a screenshot of all your screen where Power Service is opened in the old version?

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Old Navigation.JPG

Here is why

aj1973_0-1665155586051.png

You were on PPU Trial mode.

You want to see it again as it was then you need to upgrade your license.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Never mind, here it is

aj1973_2-1665069617939.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors