Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ismail95
Frequent Visitor

Refresh failed while having day off

I have a dashboard which has automatic refresh setup on a daily basis. While I work it refreshes automatically. However, when I have day off, it fails to refresh, next day when I log in to work, I see the error massage "Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials". The thing is, my other collague took the control, while he works dashboard is refreshed automatically, however when he has a day off, it fails to refresh automatically. Can anyone pls advise why?

9 REPLIES 9
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @ismail95 

Can you make sure your gateway is up and running when you all take a break? Where is your gateway mounted?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

JR-DCPS
Advocate II
Advocate II

Is the Excel file in a shared folder of a SharePoint/OneDrive environment or a shared network drive? I'm assuming the gateway is configured in a central, always-on location?

Excel file is on shared folder. we have centrally managed gateway.

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Can you confirm on below
1. Data source

2. Where the gateway has been configured

3. Owner of the data source

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

1. Data source: It is an excel file which is saved under shared folder.

2. Where the gateway has been configured: on premises

3. Owner of the data source: enterprise

Can you canfirm if the gateway is hosted on you personal machine or on a server ?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!

It is centrally managed gateway and I think it is on server. How can I check it?

As its managed by enterprise, hosted on a server, then it should be impacted by if the dataset owner is logged in or not during refresh Please share the entire error message as well as dataset confirguration settings (you can mask/hide sensitive data)

So which credentials I need to use? I didnt create this gateway neither the workspace. Do you think that enterprise has its own mail address and credentials? 

I will paste later the error massage, it is long, need to check carefully.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors