Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dsharkey
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Web does not trust AWS RDS certificate authority rds-ca-2019

Hello,

I am able to install the AWS RDS root certificates into my trust centre which works for PowerBI Desktop, and I can set up my AWS-RDS hosted Postgres database to run queries, but as soon as I upload my report to the web version for a dashboard, it fails with the error message:

'The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.'

This is because, for some reason, Microsoft does not trust the rds-ca-2019 certificate authority used by AWS.

It appears that this is for purely anti-competitive reasons, as it works perfectly fine with Azure-hosted Postgres databases as reported by other users in other threads on this site?

Does anyone have a solution where a PowerBI Web report can connect to an AWS-hosted PostgreSQL database?

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @dsharkey 

Please refer to the following links in the hopes of helping you.
Solved: The remote certificate is invalid according to the... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: The remote certificate is invalid according to the... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Unable to create data source - AWS Athena - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

These posts are not relevant to my situation. The 3rd one is closest, but requires a gateway to be installed on an additional EC2 instance. This is not acceptable for my situation, due to additional maintenance costs and hosting costs. If MS would trust the AWS certificates, it would be much more straightforward.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors