Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

padmajauk

PowerBI Embedded - Show/Hide Columns

Hi,

We have a requirement to have reporting and analytics capabilities in our ReactJS web application and are evaluating PowerBI Embedded for the same. Some of our reports have many columns, and depending on the logged in user or based on user's selection, only a subset of columns need to be displayed on the report. Is this supported in PowerBI Embedded? 

PS: I checked Playground samples, but could not see this - was expecting a Hide/Show option when i select a column header

Thanks,

Padmaja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
padmajauk

I was able to find out a solution - its called dynamic columns in table, and is explained here: 

Ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jeSIRpjv0M

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
padmajauk

I was able to find out a solution - its called dynamic columns in table, and is explained here: 

Ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jeSIRpjv0M

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @padmajauk ,

It sounds like you want to show different content to different users, instead of just choosing to hide the content you can try using RLS.

Row-level security (RLS) can be used to restrict user access to data within dashboards, tiles, reports, and datasets. Different users can work with those same artifacts all while seeing different data. Embedding supports RLS.

If you're embedding to Power BI users (user owns data), within your organization, RLS works the same as it does within the Power BI service directly. There's nothing more you need to do in your application. For more information, see Row-Level security (RLS) with Power BI.

Also,you can refer to Row-level security with Power BI Embedded .

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, i was looking for solutions to show/hide enitre column for a user and not really the data rows. 

Hi @padmajauk ,

Glad you found a solution, would you mind marking the correct answer as standard to help other members with the same needs as you find it faster. Thanks for your cooperation!

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors