Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mahmoodtahir
Regular Visitor

Power BI User

I've some confusion about users that how can we grant a licence OR athorize to a user.

Suppose if I have a product "ProductA" and it is using "AdminUser" (pro BI user) to embed reports and dasboard in ProductA then there are some users which are not part of Azure directory like "ProductUser". So ProductUser will be accessing every thing throu "AdminUser". Do we really need to get a licenece for ProductUser? If yes then do we need to implement all authorization logic for "ProductA"? And do we need to add "ProductUser" in Azure directory. (i don't want to add that user in my azure directory)

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mahmoodtahir,

Generally speaking, there are two kinds of embedding. Embedding for your organization and Embedding for your customers. Please refer to: developer/embedding.

1. Embedding for your organization. Reference: integrate-dashboard

>>>This requires that the end user of your application sign into the Power BI service when you want to view your content. 

2. Embedding for your customers. Reference: embedding-content

>>>Embedding for your customers provides the ability to embed dashboards and reports to users that don't have an account for Power BI. Your customers don't need to know anything about Power BI.

When you are ready to move to production, your app workspace must be assigned to a capacity. (Power BI premium)

In my words, you need either Power BI Pros or a Power BI Premium.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks @v-jiascu-msft

The problem is here that i've very few product customers. And the cost of premium is a bit high. So there is only premium option for customer?

Hi @mahmoodtahir,

What will the users do with the Power BI contents? If they only need to view the reports or dashboards, you can share the contents with them. Only Pro is needed in this scenario. Please refer to power-bi-expands-access-to-intelligence-for-external-guest-users.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors