Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mdived
Regular Visitor

License for Users Required or Not

Hi Team,

I am a developer and having a license with office 365 E5 license.

Questions:

1) Once i create a reports in Power BI and pubish it to my work space and if i want to share the reports with the users / stake holders is this we need purchase licenses for users ? If yese what kind of report.

2) Is this possible to guide me what are different methods to share the reports.

Thank you in advance!

Mahantesh 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Mdived 

by default under M365 E5 subscription every member of the organization can be assigned a Power BI pro license, so no need to purchase one..

To share reports with end users you need to publish the report to a Shared workspace (Not the My Workspace) and then create Power BI App where you can add your reports and audiences.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mdived ,

@aj1973  and @lbendlin  both provided good suggestions on licensing issues. Here are some suggestions on sharing. I hope it will be helpful to you.

1.Pro license is included with its Office 365 E5 and standard Power BI subscription uses shared capacity. Users assigned a Power BI Pro license can only collaborate with other Power BI Pro users if the content is stored in a shared capacity. They can consume content shared by other users, publish content to the app workspace, share dashboards, and subscribe to dashboards and reports. When the workspace is in premium capacity, Pro users can distribute content to users who don't have a Power BI Pro license.

2. There are many ways to collaborate and share in Power BI, such as collaborating in workspaces, collaborating in Microsoft Teams, sharing reports or dashboards, distributing insights in applications, embedding reports in secure portals or public websites, etc. For more information about collaboration and sharing, as well as considerations and limitations, please refer to the document: Ways to collaborate and share in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn.

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mdived
Regular Visitor

Thank you all for your help to understand me about license.

v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mdived ,

@aj1973  and @lbendlin  both provided good suggestions on licensing issues. Here are some suggestions on sharing. I hope it will be helpful to you.

1.Pro license is included with its Office 365 E5 and standard Power BI subscription uses shared capacity. Users assigned a Power BI Pro license can only collaborate with other Power BI Pro users if the content is stored in a shared capacity. They can consume content shared by other users, publish content to the app workspace, share dashboards, and subscribe to dashboards and reports. When the workspace is in premium capacity, Pro users can distribute content to users who don't have a Power BI Pro license.

2. There are many ways to collaborate and share in Power BI, such as collaborating in workspaces, collaborating in Microsoft Teams, sharing reports or dashboards, distributing insights in applications, embedding reports in secure portals or public websites, etc. For more information about collaboration and sharing, as well as considerations and limitations, please refer to the document: Ways to collaborate and share in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn.

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Mdived 

by default under M365 E5 subscription every member of the organization can be assigned a Power BI pro license, so no need to purchase one..

To share reports with end users you need to publish the report to a Shared workspace (Not the My Workspace) and then create Power BI App where you can add your reports and audiences.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors