Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Adam_Beattie
Regular Visitor

KPI Visual - Remove Latest value on Trend

Hi Team,
I am trying to build a Grade of Service KPI and using the KPI visual. I need to remove the latest value (in my case Todays date). My problem is this works in Desktop by using the Today()<> option but when I post this to Service it stays as this same date, even when a week goes by.

I was trying to see if there is a way to just remove the latest date. This is live data from an ODBC server but we only report on historical figures hence why I need the latest date to be removed as I have set up a gateway in service to refresh the data for me.

Also because Service uses UTC time and I'm in Australia (+10) i cant use a Today() option or anything like this as it becomes different when publishing to Service.

I have attached 2 screen shots, Its very basic data. Can someone assist?

2022-07-14_19h32_53.jpg4c7a6c55-d69c-4d38-9454-220da54edbf5.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Adam_Beattie ,

May I know whether your issue is that the data on the KPI visual doesn’t update according to the change of the dates?  If you refresh the report visual, will you see the data change?

What kind of historical data do you want to display? The data that before today?  Did you create a measure for the value displayed on the KPI visual?

You may try this Measure.

KPI visual =
VAR maxDate =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( 'Table'[Date] ), ALL ( 'Table' ) )
RETURN
    CALCULATE ( [GOS_], FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[Date] <> maxDate ) )  //[GOS_] is a measure that sum values for GOS: GOS_ = SUM('Table'[GOS])

vcazhengmsft_0-1658131014759.png

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Adam_Beattie ,

May I know whether your issue is that the data on the KPI visual doesn’t update according to the change of the dates?  If you refresh the report visual, will you see the data change?

What kind of historical data do you want to display? The data that before today?  Did you create a measure for the value displayed on the KPI visual?

You may try this Measure.

KPI visual =
VAR maxDate =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( 'Table'[Date] ), ALL ( 'Table' ) )
RETURN
    CALCULATE ( [GOS_], FILTER ( 'Table', 'Table'[Date] <> maxDate ) )  //[GOS_] is a measure that sum values for GOS: GOS_ = SUM('Table'[GOS])

vcazhengmsft_0-1658131014759.png

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors