Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Itquest2009
Regular Visitor

Implementing user entered number input as PBI page filter

Hello, I have a paginated report embedded into PBI report. The PBI and paginated report data source is Azure analysis services model. There is a date field in the model added as page filter in PBI report which is then passed to paginated report as input for report parameter.

There is a requirement to add a new filter that accepts user input which would be a number ex: 10 that needs to be passed to paginated report which would then need to be used to limit the number of rows on the paginated report - ie., ability for user to say how many rows they would like to see on the report. This user input is not part of the AS model. How would I go about implementing this in PBI as a page filter? Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Itquest2009 

Could you not create a new parameter in your paginated report, which would then pass through to your dax query in your analysis services model? 

Here is an example Tutorial: Add a parameter to your report (Report Builder) - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | M...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors