Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Itquest2009
Regular Visitor

Implementing user entered number input as PBI page filter

Hello, I have a paginated report embedded into PBI report. The PBI and paginated report data source is Azure analysis services model. There is a date field in the model added as page filter in PBI report which is then passed to paginated report as input for report parameter.

There is a requirement to add a new filter that accepts user input which would be a number ex: 10 that needs to be passed to paginated report which would then need to be used to limit the number of rows on the paginated report - ie., ability for user to say how many rows they would like to see on the report. This user input is not part of the AS model. How would I go about implementing this in PBI as a page filter? Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Itquest2009 

Could you not create a new parameter in your paginated report, which would then pass through to your dax query in your analysis services model? 

Here is an example Tutorial: Add a parameter to your report (Report Builder) - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | M...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors