Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to share a report with data source through a gateway?

Hi,

I have created a report in PowerBI service which uses data from MySQL server through a gateway installed on that server.

Now, I need to share this report to other people in my organization. I have added them as users of the gateway in Power platform admin portal (https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments) so that they could refresh the report using the gateway.

I have shared the report with them on PowerBI service.

Is this the correct way, and will they be able to view as well as refresh report using the gateway? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Adding users with Power Plateform Admin Portal will add them as Gateway Adminstrator 

If you want to let them use data source to refresh report you just have to add them as User for that perticular data source in Manage gateway 

arvindsingh802_0-1623182691268.png

Having Gateway Adminstartor access they can add/update data source to the gateway and also can add/update user to existing data source.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Adding users with Power Plateform Admin Portal will add them as Gateway Adminstrator 

If you want to let them use data source to refresh report you just have to add them as User for that perticular data source in Manage gateway 

arvindsingh802_0-1623182691268.png

Having Gateway Adminstartor access they can add/update data source to the gateway and also can add/update user to existing data source.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors