Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Shamppi
Frequent Visitor

HTTP request header information disappears when report is published to Power BI Service

Hi,

I am using LinkedIn marketing API for reporting in Power BI. LinkedIn recently versioned LinkedIn API and now version information needs to be passed in a header. My problem is that my API calls refresh normally in Power BI desktop but when I publish the report to Power BI service, I get this error message with status code 400 (bad request):

Shamppi_0-1666852027204.jpeg

In Power BI desktop the API call looks like this and works normally:

Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.linkedin.com/rest/adAnalytics?q=statistics&timeGranularity=DAILY&accounts=urn:li:sponsor..."&LinkedIn_token,[Headers=[#"Linkedin-Version"="202210"]]))

It seems that in the Power BI service error message the header information is not shown, so I suspect that for some reason it is not coming through at all. Any tips on how I could include the header information in Power BI service so that I could schedule refresh? I checked the forum and noticed that some people used relative path as a workaround but unfortunately it does not work with LinkedIn API. There were also discussions in the forum about building a custom connector but it seems to require more coding experience so I wonder if there is an easier way. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shamppi ,

As Far as I know there is no API and provided from Linkeding and no out of box connector from PowerBI for Linkedin.

You may refer to this to see if it helps:

Solved: Connection to LinkedIn using their API - Microsoft Power BI Community

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft

Yes there is no LinkedIn connector currently in Power BI. I have connected to the API with Get data --> Web and in PBI desktop it works perfectly fine. I checked your link but unfortunately it is not helping in my situation. I'll check if this feature improvement is listed, thanks for the tip! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors