Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vidyadutt
Advocate V
Advocate V

Connection to LinkedIn using their API

Hello experts,

I'm trying to get the number of followers to my company's LinkedIn page by using the following API call from Power BI Desktop, using OData Feed.

https://api.linkedin.com/v2/networkSizes/urn:li:organization:0000000000?edgeType=CompanyFollowedByMe...

When connecting, I'm asked to choose an access method, which includes Anonymous, Windows, Basic, Web API or Organizational Account. My best guess is that I should use Web API, and when I click this option, it asks me for a Key. Where can I find this key?

Or, am I doing it totally wrong? Any help is highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @vidyadutt ,

I test with your link on the web browser, it displays error message 'empty OAuth access token'. So I think you can use OAuth mode to sign in with the corresponding account. (organizational account)

In addition, you can also contact the API provider for further support.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Adel
Helper III
Helper III

i think you are going around this the hard way you could use a platform that can access to your linkedin account directly without any key.
https://windsor.ai/import-linkedin-data-into-power-bi-for-visualization/

Michieldo
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @vidyadutt

I'm trying to obtain the same result, but how did you get the OData Feed link for you LinkedIn page?

Thanks!

Hi @Michieldo , I couldn't use OData feed. I took data from Google Analytics where the traffic originated from LinkedIn.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @vidyadutt ,

I test with your link on the web browser, it displays error message 'empty OAuth access token'. So I think you can use OAuth mode to sign in with the corresponding account. (organizational account)

In addition, you can also contact the API provider for further support.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.