Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

alex320

Embedded report needs sign in repeatingly

Hello community,

I am streaming a report that is embedded in an iframe on the browser of a tv screen in a meeting room. But every couple of hours I need to sign in again to bring the report back. I want to stay signed in until I activly sign out.

Any ideas how to configure this?

Thanks

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alex320 ,

It is how the embedded report works. After you create your Publish to web embed code and share it, the report updates with any changes you make. The embed code link is immediately active. Anyone who opens the link can view it. The data is cached for one hour from the time it is retrieved. 

Reference: Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

You can adjust the lifetime of an access token to control how often the client application expires the application session, and how often it requires the user to re-authenticate (either silently or interactively). Customers that wish to override default access token lifetime variation can set a static default access token lifetime by using Configurable token lifetime (CTL).

There's also a similar thread may help you: powerbi - Why are embedded reports not loading

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alex320 ,

It is how the embedded report works. After you create your Publish to web embed code and share it, the report updates with any changes you make. The embed code link is immediately active. Anyone who opens the link can view it. The data is cached for one hour from the time it is retrieved. 

Reference: Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

You can adjust the lifetime of an access token to control how often the client application expires the application session, and how often it requires the user to re-authenticate (either silently or interactively). Customers that wish to override default access token lifetime variation can set a static default access token lifetime by using Configurable token lifetime (CTL).

There's also a similar thread may help you: powerbi - Why are embedded reports not loading

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors