Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

spandy34
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Drill through Decomposition Tree

I have a decompositon tree that I have published to a workspace.

On the desktop I can successully drill through the decomposition tree (as below) and it takes me to the drill report but when I access the report in the service using my tablet, the screen tips appear but the menu below does not appear only a screen tip.  I can however drill down on bar charts from my tablet to the drill report just not a decomposition tree on my tablet.

Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong please.

spandy34_0-1704632736422.png

@amitchandak @tamerj1 @danextian @goncalogeraldes 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @spandy34 

The Decomposition Tree visual in Power BI is a dynamic exploration tool that allows users to drill down through different levels and explore data. It works seamlessly on Power BI Desktop, but when accessing the report on Power BI Service using a tablet, the experience may differ.

The reason could be due to variations in interactive capabilities of Power BI across platforms, especially on touchscreen devices. Here are some potential causes and solutions:

Device and Browser Compatibility

• Ensure that your tablet and browser are up to date and compatible with Power BI Service.
  • Try accessing the report with Power BI mobile app or different browsers to see if the issue persists.
    When you publish your report to the service, you can see your report in the workspace on the Power BI mobile app. On the Power BI mobile app, you can perform the same operations as on Power BI Desktop.

Touchscreen Interaction Limitations

• Interactions on a touchscreen device may differ from those in a desktop environment with a mouse. Some features may require a long press or specific touch gestures.
  • Check the Power BI documentation to confirm the supported interactions for the Decomposition Tree visual on mobile devices.

If none of the suggestions above resolve the issue, it’s recommended to detail your problem and seek help on the Power BI Community forum, or contact Microsoft support directly. On the forum, you can share screenshots and more detailed information, which can help community members understand the issue better and provide solutions.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @spandy34 

The Decomposition Tree visual in Power BI is a dynamic exploration tool that allows users to drill down through different levels and explore data. It works seamlessly on Power BI Desktop, but when accessing the report on Power BI Service using a tablet, the experience may differ.

The reason could be due to variations in interactive capabilities of Power BI across platforms, especially on touchscreen devices. Here are some potential causes and solutions:

Device and Browser Compatibility

• Ensure that your tablet and browser are up to date and compatible with Power BI Service.
  • Try accessing the report with Power BI mobile app or different browsers to see if the issue persists.
    When you publish your report to the service, you can see your report in the workspace on the Power BI mobile app. On the Power BI mobile app, you can perform the same operations as on Power BI Desktop.

Touchscreen Interaction Limitations

• Interactions on a touchscreen device may differ from those in a desktop environment with a mouse. Some features may require a long press or specific touch gestures.
  • Check the Power BI documentation to confirm the supported interactions for the Decomposition Tree visual on mobile devices.

If none of the suggestions above resolve the issue, it’s recommended to detail your problem and seek help on the Power BI Community forum, or contact Microsoft support directly. On the forum, you can share screenshots and more detailed information, which can help community members understand the issue better and provide solutions.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors