Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SuzyThys
Frequent Visitor

Define a 'What's new' pop-up in Power BI

Hi,

is it possible in Power BI to use a tool to show a 'what's new' pop-up?
I want to inform the users of a specific power bi app what has changed.
Just a simple popup, with some text in that we can fill in.

When a specific user clicks the popup away, he will not get it anymore. But other users must still get the popup untill they click it away.
Any idea if there is such a tool available?
Thank you
Suzy

4 REPLIES 4
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

You can replicate that by saving that as a report , and this report will be based on the manual update by in a data-source like and excel (new filter, column etc) ,now you can show the same as a tooltip , this is the closest that I can see, I don't see any solution with PBI Desktop/Service

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

Sorry Ritesh, but what do you mean by 'saving as a report?'?

It is not clear what you mean with your solution.  

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

Hi @SuzyThys 

Not sure if it comes up with the native features of Power BI but there is an alternative way being mentioned here

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Create-warning-pop-up-button-for-dashboard/m-p/262...

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

that article does not mention what I want.

I  need a popup to show the user what has changed on the dashboard, like a new measure, a new page, a new filter, a new visual etc.

not changes in the data.  

something like you sometimes get in the service from power BI itselve...  a 'what's new'-pop-up

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors