Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sabje
Regular Visitor

Dataset wants me to edit data source credentials, and at the same time won't let me do that

Hi all, I am having a very interesting problem, hopefully with a vey easy solution.

I Published a dataset from PowerBI Desktop, with some data coming from odata connection an some data coming from sharepoint. 
on app.powerbi.com I wanted to refresh the dataset, and I immediately got an error that refresh failed. I went to the settings of the dataset, and there I saw this message: "Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh."

Easy to edit that, right?

Exept...

Sabje_0-1689455323544.png

I can't access that part. It is grayed out. 😅

Does anyone have any idea why this could be?
I am the admin and owner of everything and have full permissions, so that can't be the problem.
The only thing I can think of is that it had to do with the fact I created this dataset from a template and added the datasource as a Parameter at that point. Therefor I now removed that Parameter and I connected directly to the dataset, and of course published the report again to update these settings, but it did not make the Data Source Credentials menu available, so I am a bit lost now. 

Anyone have any wisdom for me?

Thank you in advance!

Warmly,
Sabrina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sabje
Regular Visitor

So I am back again, figured out what caused the problem, I started removing the OneDrive Excel datasource and publishing the report again. After that I could access the part to enter my credentials again and now that is working.
Somehow Onedrive excel brings an issue here, so if anyone has a similar situation, you might want to import your excel into sharepoint, if that is a possibility. I can't to that just yet, I first need to make some big adjustements in Excel that won't be as easy to make in sharepoint, so after the document is completed and no more changes need to be made, I will upload it to Sharepoint and publish my report once again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sabje
Regular Visitor

So I am back again, figured out what caused the problem, I started removing the OneDrive Excel datasource and publishing the report again. After that I could access the part to enter my credentials again and now that is working.
Somehow Onedrive excel brings an issue here, so if anyone has a similar situation, you might want to import your excel into sharepoint, if that is a possibility. I can't to that just yet, I first need to make some big adjustements in Excel that won't be as easy to make in sharepoint, so after the document is completed and no more changes need to be made, I will upload it to Sharepoint and publish my report once again.

Sabje
Regular Visitor

I have been making a completely new dataset in PowerB Desktop for this project, and when it was only data from Odata connection, I could manage the dataset credentials. However, after adding Excel from Onedrive and some lists from Sharepoint, the dataset credenitals part is grayed out again.

Seems like I cannot use datasets from different resources in one report? Is that correct?
It does not seem logic to me... What is the best way to handle this?
I searched all topics, but did not find any topic matching mt situation.

I hope someone has some wisdom for me here.

Thank you in advance!

Warmly,
Sabrina

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors