Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ellac
Helper III
Helper III

Analyze in Excel - Error AADSTS50011: The reply URL specified in the request does not match...

Hi!

When I try to open Excel through "Analyze in Excel" for a PBI dataset I get the following error:

AADSTS50011: The reply URL specified in the request does not match the reply URLs configured for the application: 'cf710c6e-dfcc-4fa8-a093-d47294e44c66'.

FYI the PBI dataset have a live connection to our Azure Analysis Services, and I have the necessary access to both the underlying data and the model.

Any suggestions on what to do? What is the application in this case - Power BI? Excel? Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ellac ,

You receive error AADSTS50011 when trying to sign into an application that has been setup to use Azure AD for identity management using SAML-based SSO.

Cause:The AssertionConsumerServiceURL value in the SAML request doesn't match the Reply URL value or pattern configured in Azure AD. The AssertionConsumerServiceURL value in the SAML request is the URL you see in the error.

Resolution
To fix the issue, follow these steps:
1.Ensure that the AssertionConsumerServiceURL value in the SAML request matches the Reply URL value configured in Azure AD.
2.Verify or update the value in the Reply URL textbox to match the AssertionConsumerServiceURL value in the SAML request.

refer:

Error AADSTS50011 - The reply URL specified in the request does not match the reply URLs configured ...

You can check if the solutions in these threads are useful to you.

aadsts50011-the-reply-url-specified-in-the-request-does-not-match-the-reply-urls-configured-for-the-... 

power-bi-integration-with-azure-ad 

/Power-BI-JavaScript-API-Error-AADSTS50011-The-reply-url/m-p/656113 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ellac ,

You receive error AADSTS50011 when trying to sign into an application that has been setup to use Azure AD for identity management using SAML-based SSO.

Cause:The AssertionConsumerServiceURL value in the SAML request doesn't match the Reply URL value or pattern configured in Azure AD. The AssertionConsumerServiceURL value in the SAML request is the URL you see in the error.

Resolution
To fix the issue, follow these steps:
1.Ensure that the AssertionConsumerServiceURL value in the SAML request matches the Reply URL value configured in Azure AD.
2.Verify or update the value in the Reply URL textbox to match the AssertionConsumerServiceURL value in the SAML request.

refer:

Error AADSTS50011 - The reply URL specified in the request does not match the reply URLs configured ...

You can check if the solutions in these threads are useful to you.

aadsts50011-the-reply-url-specified-in-the-request-does-not-match-the-reply-urls-configured-for-the-... 

power-bi-integration-with-azure-ad 

/Power-BI-JavaScript-API-Error-AADSTS50011-The-reply-url/m-p/656113 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi @ellac ,

check if the latest AS drivers are available.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68302360/aadsts50011-the-reply-url-specified-in-the-request-does...

The current error message you are facing is due to the retirement of old client libraries. Microsoft shared the following warning to customers that were using older versions of client libraries:

Analysis Services client libraries version 19.12.3.0 or higher offers important security enhancements, so any applications that are still using earlier versions of the Analysis Services client libraries will not be supported after 30 June 2021. Action required To minimize risk and potential security vulnerabilities, please update your Analysis Services client libraries to version 19.12.3.0 or higher before 30 June 2021.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors