Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

bill2999
Regular Visitor

Power BI to GreenPlum (Postgres)

I am trying to connect Power BI to a GreenPlum Server using the "PostgreSQL" connection in Power BI.  After entering the Server/Database it does appear to make a connection but I can only see certain 'system' tables (gptoolkit).  I have also tried direct query but get a 'permission' error when I enter a select/specific schema/table.  It would seem there is some kind of setting that determines which tables are displayed but I can't tell what that is.

1 REPLY 1
bill2999
Regular Visitor

I have made some progress by setting up an ODBC Greenplum Driver and then using Power BI to connect via ODBC.  However, I am still limited to 2 schemas GP_Toolkit and information_schema.  I would think something obvious from a schema permission perspective that allows me to see the two -but not sure what that is. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors