Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DamianMcc
Frequent Visitor

Loop API call to obtain results based on single param change (from a list)

I am calling the ClickUp API to collect time sheet data from the "time_entries" endpoint. I can call the API for an individual user based on their user ID, this is passed in the URL paramiter.

I have created a list in PowerBI of all my users with their ID's called ClickUpAllUsers.

PBIDesktop_uSsFZJwjlW.png

I've also created a function which I can enter the ClickUpId to as  parameter.

(Assignee as text)=>
let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.clickup.com/api/v2/team/<teamid>/time_entries?include_location_names=true&include_task_tags=true&start_date=1640997106&assignee="&Assignee, [Headers=[Authorization="<authcode>"]]))
in
Source

This also works ok manually entering the ID.

I know I need to create a new blank query which loops through the userlist and calls the function to create a set of new lists, but I cannot figure out who to loop through the list of IDs and pass them to the Assignee param.

Can anyone assist?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @DamianMcc ;

When you add a custom column (Invoke Custom Function), change the drop down to Column Name and select the app_id column.  Then, the function will pass in the app_id value from each row into the function (into the URL) and perform the query steps you designed earlier.  If you need to pass a bearer token to the URL for each app_id value, if it is the same bearer token for every app_id, you can add an Authorization header to the URL request.

Loop through list a to perform a REST API call and... - Microsoft Power BI Community

How to loop through an API with Power BI without knowing last page – PBI Guy (pbi-guy.com)

Use Power BI to loop through multiple pages of an API - YouTube

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DamianMcc
Frequent Visitor

I may have solved it with the help of exploring related articles.

Is this the best way?

let
    Source = ClickUpAllUsers,
    AddColumn =
        Table.AddColumn(
            Source,
            "Custom",
            each FxClickUpTimev2([ClickupId])
        )
in
    AddColumn

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors