Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DamianMcc
Frequent Visitor

Loop API call to obtain results based on single param change (from a list)

I am calling the ClickUp API to collect time sheet data from the "time_entries" endpoint. I can call the API for an individual user based on their user ID, this is passed in the URL paramiter.

I have created a list in PowerBI of all my users with their ID's called ClickUpAllUsers.

PBIDesktop_uSsFZJwjlW.png

I've also created a function which I can enter the ClickUpId to as  parameter.

(Assignee as text)=>
let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.clickup.com/api/v2/team/<teamid>/time_entries?include_location_names=true&include_task_tags=true&start_date=1640997106&assignee="&Assignee, [Headers=[Authorization="<authcode>"]]))
in
Source

This also works ok manually entering the ID.

I know I need to create a new blank query which loops through the userlist and calls the function to create a set of new lists, but I cannot figure out who to loop through the list of IDs and pass them to the Assignee param.

Can anyone assist?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @DamianMcc ;

When you add a custom column (Invoke Custom Function), change the drop down to Column Name and select the app_id column.  Then, the function will pass in the app_id value from each row into the function (into the URL) and perform the query steps you designed earlier.  If you need to pass a bearer token to the URL for each app_id value, if it is the same bearer token for every app_id, you can add an Authorization header to the URL request.

Loop through list a to perform a REST API call and... - Microsoft Power BI Community

How to loop through an API with Power BI without knowing last page – PBI Guy (pbi-guy.com)

Use Power BI to loop through multiple pages of an API - YouTube

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DamianMcc
Frequent Visitor

I may have solved it with the help of exploring related articles.

Is this the best way?

let
    Source = ClickUpAllUsers,
    AddColumn =
        Table.AddColumn(
            Source,
            "Custom",
            each FxClickUpTimev2([ClickupId])
        )
in
    AddColumn

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors