Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kukszi
Helper I
Helper I

Invalid object name - with newly created Dataverse table

Hi All,

This might be a basic question for some more experienced people, but I couldn't find any info anywhere else that would solve my problem.

I have recently created a table in Dataverse, and I try to get data from that table into my report in Power BI. In the Navigator section I can select the new table, but then on the right side of the window a huge error message shows up that says "DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: "Invalid object name...". See the screenshot below.

If I want to get data from tables that I created several days ago, no problem, but if I want to get data from any tables that I created today, it just simply not works.

My question is that do I need to refresh anything in the background to get it work? Or if not, what could be the reason of the error message?

Thanks,

kukszi

kukszi_2-1690569828359.png

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Did anyone ever get a reason as to why this might happen? It happens often to me, and I'd really like to know a solid fix.

SamP_23

Hi, 

I'm experiencing the same issue. I found a solution that worked for me, hopefully it can help you too. 

I went to the affected table in dataverse and edited the 'Doing a mail merge' option to be unchecked and re-saved the table:

SamP_23_0-1690888599607.png

I then published the table, and when I checked, the connection to Power BI was working as expected. I tested re-enabling the 'Doing a mail merge' option and re-saving/publishing the table. The connection with Power BI continued to work. I'm no expert in dataverse, but maybe re-saving the table is triggering something behind the scenes. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

Sam 

That worked for me, too. I turned that option on, saved the change, and then turned the option off. 

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your answer. Actually, I didn't have to follow your steps because it now works. I waited a couple of days, and now I can get the data from the impacted table into Power BI. I'm sure there was a process that ran in the background, but have no idea what was that. 

Anyways, definitely not an ideal solution to wait a couple of days after creating the table, but at least it works. Thanks for your suggestion.

Cheers,

kukszi

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors