Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kukszi
Helper I
Helper I

Invalid object name - with newly created Dataverse table

Hi All,

This might be a basic question for some more experienced people, but I couldn't find any info anywhere else that would solve my problem.

I have recently created a table in Dataverse, and I try to get data from that table into my report in Power BI. In the Navigator section I can select the new table, but then on the right side of the window a huge error message shows up that says "DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: "Invalid object name...". See the screenshot below.

If I want to get data from tables that I created several days ago, no problem, but if I want to get data from any tables that I created today, it just simply not works.

My question is that do I need to refresh anything in the background to get it work? Or if not, what could be the reason of the error message?

Thanks,

kukszi

kukszi_2-1690569828359.png

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Did anyone ever get a reason as to why this might happen? It happens often to me, and I'd really like to know a solid fix.

SamP_23

Hi, 

I'm experiencing the same issue. I found a solution that worked for me, hopefully it can help you too. 

I went to the affected table in dataverse and edited the 'Doing a mail merge' option to be unchecked and re-saved the table:

SamP_23_0-1690888599607.png

I then published the table, and when I checked, the connection to Power BI was working as expected. I tested re-enabling the 'Doing a mail merge' option and re-saving/publishing the table. The connection with Power BI continued to work. I'm no expert in dataverse, but maybe re-saving the table is triggering something behind the scenes. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

Sam 

That worked for me, too. I turned that option on, saved the change, and then turned the option off. 

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your answer. Actually, I didn't have to follow your steps because it now works. I waited a couple of days, and now I can get the data from the impacted table into Power BI. I'm sure there was a process that ran in the background, but have no idea what was that. 

Anyways, definitely not an ideal solution to wait a couple of days after creating the table, but at least it works. Thanks for your suggestion.

Cheers,

kukszi

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors