Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PWBI_hjt
Frequent Visitor

After using Table.ExpandTableColumn in Query Editor, when loading all rows are blank.

Hello,

I have the following query:

Source=#sections[Section1],
QueryNames = Record.FieldNames(Source),

GetAllQueries = List.Select(QueryNames, each _ <> "Merged_Summaries" and _ <> "Merged_Summaries (2)" and _ <> "Anexar1" and _<>"Value Atributo" and _<>"Consulta1"),

#"Convertida en tabla" = Table.FromList(GetAllQueries, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
Tables=Record.ToTable(Record.SelectFields(#shared, #"Convertida en tabla"[Column1])),

#"Se expandió Value" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(Tables, "Value", {"Column1", "Column2", "Type of Allocated Cost", "Column4", "Column5", "Column6", "Column7", "Column8", "Column9", "Column45", "Type of worker", "Type of register", "ETT", "Atributo", "Valor"}, {"Value.Column1", "Value.Column2", "Value.Type of Allocated Cost", "Value.Column4", "Value.Column5", "Value.Column6", "Value.Column7", "Value.Column8", "Value.Column9", "Value.Column45", "Value.Type of worker", "Value.Type of register", "Value.ETT", "Value.Atributo", "Value.Valor"})

in

#"Se expandió Value"

This query, just searches any query in the power bi file and then expands the columns of each table of each query.

The final result of the query is as follows, as it was intended.

PWBI_hjt_0-1706181202324.png

But when i load the query into the data model, the table appears as this:

PWBI_hjt_1-1706181256676.png

All query columns appear correctly but only 1 blank per "subquery", even if the query has a lot of rows that have values, as seen in the former image.

When I use Table.Combine with the subqueries it all works fine in the data model. But i dont want to use that approach, cause my objective is to automate as much as possible.

Why when using Table.ExpandTableColumn the query does not load the info correctly in the data model?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
rubayatyasmin
Super User
Super User

Hi, @PWBI_hjt 

is there any data mismatch? Also, check your data privacy settings.  Data privacy settings in Power BI can interfere with data combinations from different sources. Adjust these settings if necessary. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!super-user-logo

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I edited the data privacy permits to "none" and still I have the same problem.

In the query editor no errors are shown in any column also according to the distribution analysis.
They are also not shown as empty.

PWBI_hjt_0-1706196510879.png

I tried putting the permits 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors