Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Publishing real time dashboard to web

We are developing a a real time report using "Streaming Datasets" (Power BI API Push).

I understand that once the push is done, the dashboard will start showing the updated values in real time on the Power BI Service.

Now i am planning to integrate this dashboard into a custom web app using Power BI API & render the dashboard in web using IFrame. My question is this: 

Will I be able to see the real time dashboard in the web app similar to how i see it in Power BI Service?

Thanks,

Ratheesh

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Publishing real time dashboard to web

Just posting it here for others help.

I tried this out and at this point, there is no real time report display in web app.

Realtime graph - Yes for PowerBI service, No for web app integration.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super Contributor

@ratheeshc,

I do not find anything particular, you may wish to give it a try.

Frequent Visitor

Just posting it here for others help.

I tried this out and at this point, there is no real time report display in web app.

Realtime graph - Yes for PowerBI service, No for web app integration.

Hope that helps!

Frequent Visitor

I wonder whether you got more information for this. I got a regular dashboard (updated once a day), which I published to web.  Whenever I publish an update to the dashboard (publish modified .PBIX file, not using data gateway), the URL keeps showing the old dashboard. Even if I make minimum changes (object alignment, change title for some tiles, etc.) the dashboard does not get updated. Do I need to wait? How long?

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sorry. I just bumped into the information. It takes up to an hour for a "published to web" report to update (visuals or data)