Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ratheeshc

Publishing real time dashboard to web

We are developing a a real time report using "Streaming Datasets" (Power BI API Push).

I understand that once the push is done, the dashboard will start showing the updated values in real time on the Power BI Service.

Now i am planning to integrate this dashboard into a custom web app using Power BI API & render the dashboard in web using IFrame. My question is this: 

Will I be able to see the real time dashboard in the web app similar to how i see it in Power BI Service?

Thanks,

Ratheesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ratheeshc

Just posting it here for others help.

I tried this out and at this point, there is no real time report display in web app.

Realtime graph - Yes for PowerBI service, No for web app integration.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ratheeshc

Just posting it here for others help.

I tried this out and at this point, there is no real time report display in web app.

Realtime graph - Yes for PowerBI service, No for web app integration.

Hope that helps!

I wonder whether you got more information for this. I got a regular dashboard (updated once a day), which I published to web.  Whenever I publish an update to the dashboard (publish modified .PBIX file, not using data gateway), the URL keeps showing the old dashboard. Even if I make minimum changes (object alignment, change title for some tiles, etc.) the dashboard does not get updated. Do I need to wait? How long?

Thanks

Sorry. I just bumped into the information. It takes up to an hour for a "published to web" report to update (visuals or data)

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ratheeshc,

I do not find anything particular, you may wish to give it a try.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.