Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

make slicer only affect one table

This seems like it should be relatively simple and I'm just missing something. I have a report with a table and then I have a matrix too. I want the slicer to only affect the table and not the matrix.

I've seen this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53448876/powerbi-slicer-affect-only-one-table/53449014#53449014. But I don't totally understand it, especially the whole relation thing. 

Basically just hoping there's a way to like unlink the slicer to the matrix.

If this isn't possible, maybe there's a better way to do what I'm trying to do. The table displays a bunch of data that is filtered by the slicer which just has two options. The matrix is supposed to be the grand total of a couple of the table columns except for both options of the slicer together, so I don't want it changing with the slicer. slicer.pngtotals.png

You can see that the total from the table and the value for the total in the matrix below are the same because the slicer is changing both of them to be the total for only finished products. 

Suggestions please!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
msl924
Helper I
Helper I

Click on your matrix so that the "visual tools" bar appears, then select the "format" tab. Next, click on "edit interactions" on the left side of the screen. You should then see a few icons appear when you hover over your viz elements, including a circle with a line through it. Click on this for the matrix you don't want to have impacted by the slicer and you should be good to go! 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

as @msl924  mentioned, click on the filter visualisation then, format tab edit interaction.  hover over the matrix table and on top right corner you'll get a Capture3.PNG    click on this.

Capture3.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I did this with the tables, however, when i try to use a slicer for a different table it will only show the slicer already used?  SO i have a drop down of a,b,c,d... etc, if i select b in the first one that is the ONLY option is allows me to use utilizing the 2nd slicer and table.  HELP. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

as @msl924  mentioned, click on the filter visualisation then, format tab edit interaction.  hover over the matrix table and on top right corner you'll get a Capture3.PNG    click on this.

Capture3.PNG

msl924
Helper I
Helper I

Click on your matrix so that the "visual tools" bar appears, then select the "format" tab. Next, click on "edit interactions" on the left side of the screen. You should then see a few icons appear when you hover over your viz elements, including a circle with a line through it. Click on this for the matrix you don't want to have impacted by the slicer and you should be good to go! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.