Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AndreOlha
Frequent Visitor

Spacing between bars

Hello,

I am looking at year to date date and want to have a bit of a space between the beginning of each series. Is there a way to create that addition space?

Many thanks,

Olha

AndreOlha_0-1664296397437.png

4 REPLIES 4
AndreOlha
Frequent Visitor

@ribisht17 thank you so much for your graphs and attachment -very helpful.

Question: in yoyr first graph, how do you make the months range (Jan - Jul) to be shown only instead of the list of each month?

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@AndreOlha 

If you can enter another axis with year only at the bottom with horizontal label, it may be helpful to convey the message specially when you have continuous lines as well

Enter August for every year with Null value can also create the gap but then your lines will be broken

ribisht17_0-1664297511727.png

Regards,

Ritesh

@ribisht17 thank you for your reply. I really like your suggesting "enter another axis with year only at the bottom with horizontal label". How do I create a horizonatl label though?I added another axis ("Year" only) added to the shared axis. Do you i need to build a relationship between the tables? As I have a separate "calendar" table used in this graph. Please see the screenshot for more details:

AndreOlha_0-1664820739292.png

Hi @AndreOlha 

This is the best I could do for now, I have used a separate Visual with dummy measure with value 0,it is not fitting it in a perfect fashion though

ribisht17_1-1664903462140.png

Also, I had to make some adjustment to get that thin line there

ribisht17_2-1664903603771.png

Please check the attachment

Regards,

Ritesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.