Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Many-to-one relationship in a drill-through

Hi,

I need to create a drill-through between two tables, joined by many-to-on relationship. The master table contains the "many" records, while the "detail" table contains single row with lot of attibutes. 

After applying the join column as the drill-through column, the "detail" table always shows all the existing records, it simply does not filter by the drill through value

ViktorKral_0-1623225050882.png

If I change the roles, if I want to do a drill through from the second table on to the first, based on the same column, the drill through works perfectly, it shows the expected rows, the ones that fullfill the drill through filter.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Viktor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Amitchandak for the quick reply. Actually, the join was fine, but after double-and triple checking I found the problem (or at least I found a solution that works for me 🙂 )

If the cross-filter direction is set to "both" then the drill through works as expected.

Thanks 

Viktor 

ViktorKral_0-1623225820117.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt the link column in visual and link column is table is not same. Some join problem.

Can you share data model?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Amitchandak for the quick reply. Actually, the join was fine, but after double-and triple checking I found the problem (or at least I found a solution that works for me 🙂 )

If the cross-filter direction is set to "both" then the drill through works as expected.

Thanks 

Viktor 

ViktorKral_0-1623225820117.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.