Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AA364
Regular Visitor

Slicer/AND not OR

Hello - I have a large data set of individuals each with five traits associated with them from a list of about 40 traits. I'd like to use a slicer to select traits and identify individuals with those traits. Right now if I select two traits using the slicer and the ctrl button - I get a list of individuals with either of the traits instead of a list of individuals with BOTH of the traits - am I overlooking something simple?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @AA364,

In fact, these filter work as expected. The default filter/slicer does not support this type of filter interaction.

You need to create a Dax expression to extract the selection from filter and check the row content to return flag. Then you can use this on visual level filter to filter result flag to indirectly achieve AND logic on the filter selection items.

If you are confused about coding formula, please share some dummy data to test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @AA364,

In fact, these filter work as expected. The default filter/slicer does not support this type of filter interaction.

You need to create a Dax expression to extract the selection from filter and check the row content to return flag. Then you can use this on visual level filter to filter result flag to indirectly achieve AND logic on the filter selection items.

If you are confused about coding formula, please share some dummy data to test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
BITomS
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @AA364,

This video may be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tONOosN1xAs

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.