Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PhilBackPack

(perhaps a version bug?, pls see details) - RELATIONS - Cardinality issue arose suddenly...

Hi, this is a weird issue :

1. I use a PBI Desktop version 2.103.881.0 64-bit (mars 2022)

2. My client uses a PBI Desktop version 2.xxx.xxx.x 64-bit (juillet 2023) (sorry I forgiot to make a note of the digits)

Both our versions are in French (we are in France)

Both I and my client use the same data source, we just tested this a moment ago together, from scratch

The issue :

i.1 on my side I can define a 1many-to-1 (*:1) / "A sens unique" (unidirectional) relation between 2 of the tables

i.2 when my client tries doing the same, PBI does not propose the option "unidirectional", but only "bidirectional" or options specifically naming the 2 tables, and he can not set any of the types (*:1) etc etc... he gets a message saying "cardinality error etc"

We both followed the exact same click and drag procedure on the modelisation diagram

Another weird difference is that on my PBI version I can create a tabular visual merging data from the 2 tables (and prior to having defined any relation), but my client cannot : on his (juillet 2023) version, PBI returns an error message as soon as one tries to drag a field from the second table into the first table's visual...

Has anyone experienced this and did anyone find a fix ?

Supplemental note:

Before the month of July 2023, my client was able to create relations (*:1)/unidirectional; the issue arose for him a couple days ago (I trust after his PBI cversion got automatically updated/upgraded to the "Juillet 2023) version he has now

This is a critical issue : my client is in production and all of a sudden everything gets stalled.

Thank you for your very much appreciated help if you have a solution

Cheers.

Phil

1 REPLY 1
PhilBackPack

I forgot to post illustrations : Here is what happens correctly on my side :

1.jpg

My client is currently busy in a meeting, I'll post a pic of what happense on his side asap, sorry...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.