Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Shamatix
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

SQL to DAX

Hey fellow users,

How can I make the following SQL sentence into DAX?

SELECT Kreditor, cvr, creditornumber

FROM [TableA]

WHERE cvr IN (SELECT Vendor_Cvr FROM [TABLEB])

AND name NOT IN (SELECT kreditor FROM TalbeC WHERE id IN (SELECT itemid FROM TableD WHERE filename LIKE '%Html'))

Basicly I want a custom column / measure added to my TableA where it outputs the name if the result is "true" and doesnt output anything if its false

I hope someone can help me out 🙂

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Compare = IF(COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table 2',SEARCH('Table2'[ColumnToCompare],Table1[ColumnToCompare],1,0))),"YES","NO")

You can give the above a shot too

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @Shamatix

Do you have relationships between your four tables? If so, what is the (1:*) direction?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@Phil_Seamark wrote:

HI @Shamatix

Do you have relationships between your four tables? If so, what is the (1:*) direction?

Hey,

I have actually come a really long way now, but I just need the last brick in my puzzle to fit.

I have 2 tables:

Table A

Column A

Table B

Column B

I now want to create a measure in Table A saying that if Column A exists in Table B Column B then return 1 else 0

I hope you can help.

Best regards

Maybe you can utilize the below LOOKUP function in DAX - 

LOOKUPVALUE( <result_columnName>, <search_columnName>, <search_value>[, <search_columnName>, <search_value>]…)

OR 

CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(TABLEA), FILTER(TABLEA, TABLEA[I'D] =TABLEB[I'D])) >0

@nirvana_moksh wrote:

Maybe you can utilize the below LOOKUP function in DAX - 

LOOKUPVALUE( <result_columnName>, <search_columnName>, <search_value>[, <search_columnName>, <search_value>]…)

OR 

CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(TABLEA), FILTER(TABLEA, TABLEA[I'D] =TABLEB[I'D])) >0

Couldnt realyl get either to work sadly =/

Did you try it creating it as a measure or a calculated column?

@nirvana_moksh wrote:

Did you try it creating it as a measure or a calculated column?

Calculated column.

If you have skype and want to you can fast help me and see my issue:)

Best regards

Can you try this instead - CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Table1'), FILTER( 'Table1', 'Table1ID' = EARLIER(Table2ID) ) ) > 0

I am not using my desktop and I am replying from my phone so wont be able to do screen share

The 'ID' in the above DAX expression is the column values you are tryign to compare.

@nirvana_moksh wrote:

Can you try this instead - CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Table1'), FILTER( 'Table1', 'Table1ID' = EARLIER(Table2ID) ) ) > 0

I am not using my desktop and I am replying from my phone so wont be able to do screen share

The 'ID' in the above DAX expression is the column values you are tryign to compare.

Column values? I am trying to compare to entire columns to eachother.

Like for each row if value in Column A matches a value in Column B of another table type 1 else 0:P

The syntax seems way off

PBIDesktop_2018-05-21_00-48-35.png

From your screenshot I see you have too many closing brackets, your closing brackets should match with what I had listed. Also, yes this will work as VLOOKUP in Excel.

@nirvana_moksh wrote:

From your screenshot I see you have too many closing brackets, your closing brackets should match with what I had listed. Also, yes this will work as VLOOKUP in Excel.

Well it adds the last 3 it self

PBIDesktop_2018-05-21_01-02-14.png

Hmm that’s strange but in any regards that solution should work and return TRUE and FALSE which you can later modify easily utilizing a IF statement outside it for replacing it with 0 and 1 values

@nirvana_moksh wrote:
Hmm that’s strange but in any regards that solution should work and return TRUE and FALSE which you can later modify easily utilizing a IF statement outside it for replacing it with 0 and 1 values

As you can see in this video my table B doesnt even come up as an option in the "Earlier" statement only Table A does?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vly0vImXOEA&feature=youtu.be

Do your two tables have a relationship defined?

@nirvana_moksh wrote:
Do your two tables have a relationship defined?

Yes they do, but I cant choose ANY of all the tables related to that main table (items)

Compare = IF(COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table 2',SEARCH('Table2'[ColumnToCompare],Table1[ColumnToCompare],1,0))),"YES","NO")

You can give the above a shot too

Try reversing the order of the tables that you have listed for a try, so wherever you had table 1 mentione put table 2 and vice versa.

@nirvana_moksh wrote:

Try reversing the order of the tables that you have listed for a try, so wherever you had table 1 mentione put table 2 and vice versa.

Now it doesnt give me errors as seen below, but it does it completely wrong as you see in the pictures, I just want it to say 1 or 0 based on if the value (Items.Merged) exists in OIO Tabel.Test

PBIDesktop_2018-05-21_17-43-56.pngPBIDesktop_2018-05-21_17-44-27.png

I am assuming that worked?

@nirvana_moksh wrote:

I am assuming that worked?

Ended up getting it to work, thanks a lot for the help :)

I have another question tho, I have over 300 databases and currently I have to add my user on all the databases one by one to schedule a refresh... is there a simple way of doing this rather than having to add it on more than 300 databases one by one?

Wonderful, can you accept it as a solution? And for the 300 databases do you mean the Scheduled Refresh on PBI Service?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.