Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shamatix
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

SQL to DAX

Hey fellow users,

How can I make the following SQL sentence into DAX?

SELECT Kreditor, cvr, creditornumber

FROM [TableA]

WHERE cvr IN (SELECT Vendor_Cvr FROM [TABLEB])

AND name NOT IN (SELECT kreditor FROM TalbeC WHERE id IN (SELECT itemid FROM TableD WHERE filename LIKE '%Html'))

Basicly I want a custom column / measure added to my TableA where it outputs the name if the result is "true" and doesnt output anything if its false

I hope someone can help me out 🙂

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Compare = IF(COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table 2',SEARCH('Table2'[ColumnToCompare],Table1[ColumnToCompare],1,0))),"YES","NO")

You can give the above a shot too

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @Shamatix

Do you have relationships between your four tables? If so, what is the (1:*) direction?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@Phil_Seamark wrote:

HI @Shamatix

Do you have relationships between your four tables? If so, what is the (1:*) direction?

Hey,

I have actually come a really long way now, but I just need the last brick in my puzzle to fit.

I have 2 tables:

Table A

Column A

Table B

Column B

I now want to create a measure in Table A saying that if Column A exists in Table B Column B then return 1 else 0

I hope you can help.

Best regards

Maybe you can utilize the below LOOKUP function in DAX - 

LOOKUPVALUE( <result_columnName>, <search_columnName>, <search_value>[, <search_columnName>, <search_value>]…)

OR 

CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(TABLEA), FILTER(TABLEA, TABLEA[I'D] =TABLEB[I'D])) >0

@nirvana_moksh wrote:

Maybe you can utilize the below LOOKUP function in DAX - 

LOOKUPVALUE( <result_columnName>, <search_columnName>, <search_value>[, <search_columnName>, <search_value>]…)

OR 

CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(TABLEA), FILTER(TABLEA, TABLEA[I'D] =TABLEB[I'D])) >0

Couldnt realyl get either to work sadly =/

Did you try it creating it as a measure or a calculated column?

@nirvana_moksh wrote:

Did you try it creating it as a measure or a calculated column?

Calculated column.

If you have skype and want to you can fast help me and see my issue:)

Best regards

Can you try this instead - CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Table1'), FILTER( 'Table1', 'Table1ID' = EARLIER(Table2ID) ) ) > 0

I am not using my desktop and I am replying from my phone so wont be able to do screen share

The 'ID' in the above DAX expression is the column values you are tryign to compare.

@nirvana_moksh wrote:

Can you try this instead - CALCULATE( COUNTROWS('Table1'), FILTER( 'Table1', 'Table1ID' = EARLIER(Table2ID) ) ) > 0

I am not using my desktop and I am replying from my phone so wont be able to do screen share

The 'ID' in the above DAX expression is the column values you are tryign to compare.

Column values? I am trying to compare to entire columns to eachother.

Like for each row if value in Column A matches a value in Column B of another table type 1 else 0:P

The syntax seems way off

PBIDesktop_2018-05-21_00-48-35.png

From your screenshot I see you have too many closing brackets, your closing brackets should match with what I had listed. Also, yes this will work as VLOOKUP in Excel.

@nirvana_moksh wrote:

From your screenshot I see you have too many closing brackets, your closing brackets should match with what I had listed. Also, yes this will work as VLOOKUP in Excel.

Well it adds the last 3 it self

PBIDesktop_2018-05-21_01-02-14.png

Hmm that’s strange but in any regards that solution should work and return TRUE and FALSE which you can later modify easily utilizing a IF statement outside it for replacing it with 0 and 1 values

@nirvana_moksh wrote:
Hmm that’s strange but in any regards that solution should work and return TRUE and FALSE which you can later modify easily utilizing a IF statement outside it for replacing it with 0 and 1 values

As you can see in this video my table B doesnt even come up as an option in the "Earlier" statement only Table A does?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vly0vImXOEA&feature=youtu.be

Do your two tables have a relationship defined?

@nirvana_moksh wrote:
Do your two tables have a relationship defined?

Yes they do, but I cant choose ANY of all the tables related to that main table (items)

Compare = IF(COUNTROWS(FILTER('Table 2',SEARCH('Table2'[ColumnToCompare],Table1[ColumnToCompare],1,0))),"YES","NO")

You can give the above a shot too

Try reversing the order of the tables that you have listed for a try, so wherever you had table 1 mentione put table 2 and vice versa.

@nirvana_moksh wrote:

Try reversing the order of the tables that you have listed for a try, so wherever you had table 1 mentione put table 2 and vice versa.

Now it doesnt give me errors as seen below, but it does it completely wrong as you see in the pictures, I just want it to say 1 or 0 based on if the value (Items.Merged) exists in OIO Tabel.Test

PBIDesktop_2018-05-21_17-43-56.pngPBIDesktop_2018-05-21_17-44-27.png

I am assuming that worked?

@nirvana_moksh wrote:

I am assuming that worked?

Ended up getting it to work, thanks a lot for the help :)

I have another question tho, I have over 300 databases and currently I have to add my user on all the databases one by one to schedule a refresh... is there a simple way of doing this rather than having to add it on more than 300 databases one by one?

Wonderful, can you accept it as a solution? And for the 300 databases do you mean the Scheduled Refresh on PBI Service?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.