Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AkshayB
Regular Visitor

Report corrupted more frequently

Need your help.

My Power BI Desktop is corrupted can anyone know how to recover it?

I cannot open many of my reports. I am suspecting server connectivity issue as I am in different region which is far away. Basically I am trying to access server in canada from india. I had this opening very low but one by one report started displaying below error.

And to add, I can access data stored in a server drive from drive folder and continuously updating data without any issue.

AkshayB_0-1705481370815.png

2 REPLIES 2
AkshayB
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for response... I have already downloaded from web service and worked again to rebuilt feature but I am intrested to know why did it crashed and how to recover if it happens again....I did lot of devlopment which is lost in this period and want to avoid this in future..

Also, if downgrading to older version, can this affect reports that has used new update features if so I won't risk downgrading..Is there any solution which tells me how to prevent crash?

v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AkshayB 

Here are some ideas that may be helpful to resolve the problem:

• If you have published the reports to Power BI Service, try to download the reports back to your computer: Download a report from the Power BI service to Power BI Desktop
  • Navigate to C:\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\TempSaves. Open an old version of report there. 
  • Reinstall the previous Power BI version if the error arises after a recent Power BI update.

You can also try the solutions in the following threads:

PBIX file corrupted - Page 5 - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Corrupted PBI Desktop - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.