Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

amitvermajhs
Regular Visitor

Qliksense to PowerBi Migration

Hi All,

We are planning to migrate from QlikSense May'2021 version to PowerBi.

Just checking if we have some documentation on that and anyone done that in the past, and any comparison why PowerBi is a better choice

3 REPLIES 3
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amitvermajhs ,

Qlik has a totally different approach than Power BI. I'm afraid there is no tool that will help you to migrate reports.

If you're lucky you did the data preparation in the data source and connect with Qlik to real Fact- and Dimensional Tables. If you did the data preparation within Qlik, then you have to analyze what it's doing and try to rebuild that either in the data source or in Power BI.

So concerning your questions:

1.  As far as I know there is no tool. But I found that one here, check if that would help you:

Qlik to Power BI Migration: 4-Wk Implementation – Microsoft AppSource

2. You have to migrate and at one point you will do the switch from Qlik to Power BI if that was the question.

3. You really have to go through every report and rebuild it manually in Power BI.

On the end-user side, Power BI can ultimately be friendlier because your prompts in terms of visual size and color are more versatile than Qlik Sense, and it also demonstrates the power of associative models.

Please refer to the following document for more information.Power BI vs Tableau vs Qlik Sense | Which Wins In 2023? (selecthub.com)

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi Neeko Tang,

thanks for the response on the query. Just wanted to understand is it possible to export the data that we have in QVD to PowerBI engines

And does powerBI has something parallel to QVD so we can save data and use another apps to pull data from there

Hi @amitvermajhs ,

There is no built-in QlikView connector in Power BI. I would recommend you contact QlikView support to check if QlikView provides any REST API that can be used to query data. It is possible to connect to API using Web entry in Power BI Desktop.

You can refer to this to convert a QVD file to a CSV file and then import the CSV file into Power BI Desktop.
You can also see if this external connector helps you.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.