Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

amaaiia
Helper V
Helper V

Power BI: filter data by visualization selection

Imagine this is my data:

Type1Type2Type3Amount
aaccgg7
aacchh10
aaddkk5
bbccgg2
bbddkk5
bbddhh8

And I want to filter Type1=bb & Type2=dd & Type3=kk, not from filter pane, but from visualization. I've seen that I can filter one visualization from another one, but when I try to press the second filtered visualization, it doesn't take into account the previous filtering.

This is what I need:

1. I start with 3 visualizations, one for each Type:

amaaiia_0-1708943927683.png

2. Then, I press orange bar, and the 3 visualizations update as follows (all the values where Type1=bb😞

amaaiia_1-1708944019393.png

3. Then, I press green bar, and the 3 visualizations update as follows (keep Type1=bb filter and adds Type2=dd filter):

amaaiia_2-1708944155943.png

4. Finally, I press red bar, and the 3 visualizations update as follows (keep Type1=bb filter and Type2=dd filter, and adds Type3=hh😞

amaaiia_3-1708944244917.png

I don't know how to keep previous filters with each new filtering/selection from visualization.

Any documentation about it?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @amaaiia 

if you want to keep the previous filter while clicking on the second, press Ctrl then click on the second filter.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Is it possible to maintain selections when working with visualizations that are hidden and displayed? I work with bookmarks to have 3 buttons (TYPE1, TYPE2, TYPE3), so each button shows a visualization. I want to be able to select the orange bar (Type1=bb) and when I press the TYPE2 button I get the values of this field when Type1=bb, that is, to keep the selection when changing bookmarks.

I would like to know if this functionality can be implemented with bookmarks, and if it is not possible, I would like to know if there is another alternative that simulates this logic of showing one or another graphic depending on a button, keeping previous filters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.