Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SevsBo
Helper III
Helper III

Page Navigator setting to prevent auto update when new pages added?

Hi all,

Quick and simple question that I hope you can help with.

I am building a report with multiple pages in it, and have already placed Page Navigator visuals on them. I don't want the navigator to show all pages, so I am selectively choosing which pages each navigator on each page should show. So far so good.

Issue is that the moment I add a new page to the report, all Page Navigators gain an additional icon, so I have to go back and remove it. As the number of pages grows, so does the time needed to remove the additional pages from the previous pages navigators.

Is there a setting in Power BI where I could toggle this function off? So that once a Page Navigator is set on a page, it doesn't automatically add new pages to its buttons, and they would instead have to be added in proactively, rather than passively?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @SevsBo ,

yes, you go to the formatting settings for the page navigator button, and you click at page settings then switch "show all by default" to off, then select the pages you want from the show option. In this case, when you add a new page it won't show untill you enable it.

Idrissshatila_0-1702832767058.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SevsBo
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you, @Idrissshatila and sorry for such a simple question!

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @SevsBo ,

yes, you go to the formatting settings for the page navigator button, and you click at page settings then switch "show all by default" to off, then select the pages you want from the show option. In this case, when you add a new page it won't show untill you enable it.

Idrissshatila_0-1702832767058.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.