Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IntaBruce
Helper II
Helper II

Slicer problem

Sorry for the unclear title of this problem, but I didn't know what to call it.  Here is my problem:

I am using a dropdown slicer to select a week that filters a table.  The table displays various measures such as the count and value of sales enquiries and sales proposals and the number of won and lost cases that pertain to that week.  See example here: 

IntaBruce_0-1702823502872.png

I want to show a second table that displays the same information for the previous week, and then a third for the week before that.

I can do this with 3 separate slicers that each influence their own table but that requires the report user to select 3 dates for the 3 slicers.  I want a single slicer to drive all three tables.  Is that possible?

Thank for your help

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@IntaBruce Yes this is possible, you need to create a disconnected table for the slicer, and then based on the selected date you can write measures to achieve the results for all 3 visuals.

I have a playlist on the various use cases of disconnected tables, check it out here Mastering Disconnected Tables in Power BI - YouTube

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thank you @parry2k for your reply.  Wow that's a lot of videos, I've subscribed to your channel and will go back and take a long look through.
Meanwhile though I wonder if you could be a little more specific for me on my problem.  You say use a disconnected table, by this do you mean a second calendar table?  How then do I use it in a slicer to filter three separate table visuals with diferent date ranges?

Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.