Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AKamath

Page Filter on Visual Workaround

I am creating statistiacal visual called a funnel plot (this is different than a funnel chart) in PowerBI using the R script feature. Each data point on the visual is associated with a unique ID called its' hco_id. What I need to do is show all the points on the visual while highlighting the point associated with the given hco_id on the visual in some way. There is a report level filter that filters for a specific hco_id at all times which is a problem since that means the visual will only show that one point instead of every single point. I've tried creating a seperate table in R that does not include the hco_id column but then this visual will show all the points but be unable to highlight the filtered hco_id's point. Below are screenshots showing what the visual and the report wide filter look like.Using new table without hco_id columnUsing new table without hco_id column

Using original table with hco_id column filteredUsing original table with hco_id column filtered

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You need to use a disconnected table to feed your R visual, and add the filtered hco_id from your data model to the dataframe (as an additional column).

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.