Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AKamath

Page Filter on Visual Workaround

I am creating statistiacal visual called a funnel plot (this is different than a funnel chart) in PowerBI using the R script feature. Each data point on the visual is associated with a unique ID called its' hco_id. What I need to do is show all the points on the visual while highlighting the point associated with the given hco_id on the visual in some way. There is a report level filter that filters for a specific hco_id at all times which is a problem since that means the visual will only show that one point instead of every single point. I've tried creating a seperate table in R that does not include the hco_id column but then this visual will show all the points but be unable to highlight the filtered hco_id's point. Below are screenshots showing what the visual and the report wide filter look like.Using new table without hco_id columnUsing new table without hco_id column

Using original table with hco_id column filteredUsing original table with hco_id column filtered

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You need to use a disconnected table to feed your R visual, and add the filtered hco_id from your data model to the dataframe (as an additional column).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.