Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SteveMForm
Helper III
Helper III

How can I Replace null values in Person-based column

Hi Folks

any ideas on this- I dont get the option to replace values, but wnat to replace the nulls

SteveMForm_0-1713270291471.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gemcityzach
Helper III
Helper III

I think you can expand that 'List' or 'Record' by clicking the two arrows and it will offer you the option to expand as new rows or to fill the cell with the values. In the case of your null values, you can use a Replace Values transformation and replace 'null' with something else. You're best bet is to go upstream to the source and force a value to be selected in the Person Field. That is, if you have that option available.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gemcityzach
Helper III
Helper III

I think you can expand that 'List' or 'Record' by clicking the two arrows and it will offer you the option to expand as new rows or to fill the cell with the values. In the case of your null values, you can use a Replace Values transformation and replace 'null' with something else. You're best bet is to go upstream to the source and force a value to be selected in the Person Field. That is, if you have that option available.

Hi @gemcityzach - thanks- sorted. 

I expanded the records be selecting the two arrows and selected the values I wanted to expand into new columns and now the option to replace values comes up. All sorted.

I didnt have the option to do at source as it's a person based column so won;t let you add a value that isn't in my organisations GAL (Global Address List)

Thanks @3CloudThomas for your help

3CloudThomas
Super User
Super User

Go to Tranform, right-click on the null value in the column and select Replace from the menu

3CloudThomas_0-1713270478367.png

Here is another question like this one:
Solved: Replace NULL - Microsoft Fabric Community

Hi @3CloudThomas - I dont get this, my assumtion as its a person based column.

Right click on a cell only brings up Copy/ Drill Down & add as new query (as mentioned. right clicking the column doesnt bring up the option against the whole column).

The Person columns from SharePoint as a source have been transformed already to extract to individual Record, with any records that didnt have an entry in source coming through as null in PBI.

Hey- no worries @3CloudThomas - all sorted now and I know you would have been on it 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.