Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BIanon
Resolver I
Resolver I

Frontpage slicer selections applied to entire report

Hello Community,

I am looking for a more elegant solution than what I currently have, here is my situation:
I have a report where the user makes some selections on the frontpage and then goes through the report with those selections enabled. By design, the user cannot and should not be able to change this on the individual pages witthin the report.

Currently, I am just showing the slicer on the frontpage and sync it to slicers on all pages which are hidden beneath a logo. Not a very elegant solotion, but it works - would be cool if someone had a better suggestion

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @BIanon ,

On the Selection pane you can hide and show visualizations, for slicers this options is also available on the sync slicers.

The hidden visuals can be place anywhere on the page that the users won't seem them.

MFelix_0-1686733198109.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @BIanon ,

On the Selection pane you can hide and show visualizations, for slicers this options is also available on the sync slicers.

The hidden visuals can be place anywhere on the page that the users won't seem them.

MFelix_0-1686733198109.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Thank you for your reply, I don't know how i've managed to miss this feature but it worked perfectly. Thank you for the tip.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.