Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter Out Dates less than today on import

Hi all,

I am importing maintenace records into a report and it is literally a dump of data containing a maintenance end date.  I don't care about dates in the past and I thought I could setup a conditional column at the time of importing to just say something like if maint end date >= today(), 1, 0 and then just filter the list for the 1.

I can't seem to set that up in the way I thought, is there a way to do it at the initial import to just trim the data out I don't need?

ta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NickolajJessen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hmm, that's a good questions. At some point, there needs to be an evaluation of the data.
I usually do my import through SQL, where SQL can evaluate the data, before it's imported by doing: Date > '01-01-2020' to restrict import.
But when importing a CSV, i think the only evaluation happens in power query 🤷‍

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NickolajJessen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hmm, that's a good questions. At some point, there needs to be an evaluation of the data.
I usually do my import through SQL, where SQL can evaluate the data, before it's imported by doing: Date > '01-01-2020' to restrict import.
But when importing a CSV, i think the only evaluation happens in power query 🤷‍

NickolajJessen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Depends on how you are importing the data and from where

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a CSV import from a filer location

Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a measue then slapped that in as a filter for the data that is being displayed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.