Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

akee
Helper I
Helper I

Everything I do in Power BI is buggy, including trying to download the latest version

I'm working on a T460 ThinkPad with adequate memory, at least capable of 64 bit processing, and PowerBI is always unstable on my machine.  If I try the 32 bit version, it crashes almost evertime I open it.  If I try the 64 bit version, the app screen wants to open larger than the computer window itself.

I even tried to download the latest version and the Microsoft Store won't open for me.  Is God trying to tell me something?

When it works, I've made a few tasks more expedient.  Butmostly, I'm reporting errors to Microsoft.

Does anyone else fight the app the whole time they are using it?
Thanks for letting me finally vent.
Arnold

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@akee , what is the windows version you are using.

Hope you have downloaded the suitable version from - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@akee 

You could submit your bug issues to Issues Forum.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@akee , what is the windows version you are using.

Hope you have downloaded the suitable version from - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

This is a second reply.  But so far, the version I was now able to download, because you provided the link, is more stable.  So thank you @amitchandak .  Let's see if it stays that way.

Thank you @amitchandak for the link.

I'm using Windows 10, version 1909.

In addition, I have the i7 Intel chip running with 2.6GHz and 8 GB of RAM.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.