Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbapuji
Helper I
Helper I

Direct connection for Microsoft dynamics AX

Hi All,

Does power bi supports direct connction for microsoft dynamics AX? if not, How we can handle it for huge data extraction?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

There is one for Dynamics 365. For Dynamics AX on-premiese, I would imagine that ther eis some sort of OData end point or web service that you could point to, similar to Dynamics CRM.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for your response, need more clarification.

I used to conncet Microsoft AX dynamics with OData feed connctor, it's importing data, I don't want to import, I need to get data by direct query connction for large data extraction. here my question is 

Is the direct query supports for Microsoft AX dynamics?if not how to handle it in power bi?

Thanks,

@pbapuji,

For a full listing of data sources that support DirectQuery, see Data sources supported by DirectQuery.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-chuncz-msft 

I got to know that the direct query not supported for  Microsoft AX dynamics.

So any idea how we can handle it for large data extaction from Microsoft AX dynamics?

Is there is any possibility from Source side(Microsoft AX dynamics)?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes. DirectQuery is supported by Dynamics AX. What version of Dynamics AX are you referring to? Is it Dynamics for Operations (formerly AX)?

In order to DirectQuery the AX Datawarehouse, you must have administrator access to the project in AX and LifeCycle services. Once you have the correct permissions, you can deploy your Power BI file to the Power BI service. 

Let me know about my former question, and we can discuss more in depth the process you follow as I architect enterprise deployments for Dynamics products including Dynamics 365. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

@Phillip

I am referring microsoft dynamics AX 2012 R3 on primises, Is this supports direct query connction?

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.