Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HariniParthiban
Regular Visitor

Default selection in page navigation slicer

I have 5 pages in my report and I use a slicer in each page having the page names as dropdown option. Page navigation is working fine. The problem is with the slicer selection.

Example: If select "Disposals" from the slicer and hit on generate button, I'm able to navigate to Disposal page but the slicer value shows "New Asset Setup". 

HariniParthiban_1-1714066148649.png

I'm using below formula on button action where pagename is the table I manually created with the name of pages in the report

HariniParthiban_3-1714066617331.png

Any help would be appreciable!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Alex87
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello,

If I understood correctly, you can navigate to the corresponding page but the slicer does not have the right value. I would say that the slicer is not synced across the pages (view/sync slicers). Sync the slicer between the pages and normally it should fix the problem. If it does, please mark my post as the solution.

Best regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

samratpbi
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

I have created a table as you have mentioned and created a button for Generate Report. 

samratpbi_0-1714068966760.png

Then simply copy paste this into all your pages and make the slicer as Sync slicer. Now For Generate Button Page navigation, use conditional page navigation and create a measure like below:

Page Selected = SELECTEDVALUE('Pages'[Pages])
and use this measure in your conditional page navigation

Hope this resolves your problem.
If this helps to resolve your problem, then please mark it as solution, Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
samratpbi
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

I have created a table as you have mentioned and created a button for Generate Report. 

samratpbi_0-1714068966760.png

Then simply copy paste this into all your pages and make the slicer as Sync slicer. Now For Generate Button Page navigation, use conditional page navigation and create a measure like below:

Page Selected = SELECTEDVALUE('Pages'[Pages])
and use this measure in your conditional page navigation

Hope this resolves your problem.
If this helps to resolve your problem, then please mark it as solution, Thanks!
Alex87
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello,

If I understood correctly, you can navigate to the corresponding page but the slicer does not have the right value. I would say that the slicer is not synced across the pages (view/sync slicers). Sync the slicer between the pages and normally it should fix the problem. If it does, please mark my post as the solution.

Best regards,

Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.