Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DAX calculation power bi

i wanna make some table like this in power bi

EricoVincentciu_2-1715873565783.png

i already make table like this on my power bi desktop :

EricoVincentciu_3-1715873584152.png

but when i publish it to power bi app fabric i got issue

EricoVincentciu_4-1715873596569.png

the data can't same like this

i guess this is because my calculation at dax

i have dax calculation for month like this :

EricoVincentciu_5-1715873617441.png

this is my dax code :

Januari = IF(
AND(
'Tabel Fuel'[Month] = 1, // Check if month is 1
'Tabel Fuel'[NewDate].[Month] = "January"  // Check if month name is January
),
'Tabel Fuel'[QTY 2], // Return QTY 2 if conditions are met
0  // Return 0 as the default value if conditions are not met
)

i already make Dimantion Date table for calculate fuel table and Dimantion date table

EricoVincentciu_6-1715873654776.png

i guess my dax calculation is not correct so when i publish my data it's not same

can someone help me to calculate dax month ??

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

this case already solve 

before that i using new column to create calculation 

and i release my mistake so i use power query to created new calculation and column base on custom column and i refresh the data source at ower bi desktop 

next i publish again to fabric workspace and data will be same from desktop and power bi app or (fabric)

thank you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EricoVincentciu ,

You can check the following:

1. If you use the Now() function in other formulas, the time display in Power BI Services is different from the time display in Power BI Desktop.

The time in Power BI Desktop is determined by the system time set in your local computer.

The time in Power BI Service is based on the time zone of the place where your data exists.

2. Also related to date formats, such as dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyyy, you can use the FORMAT function in DAX expressions to solve this problem.

Solved: Power BI Service - Data Missing after refresh - Microsoft Fabric Community

3. If there is a Boolean data type in your dataset, it may cause this to happen. You can modify the Power BI filter to solve it,

Reports doesn’t show data in Power BI Web service after refresh – Issue with True/False values (c-sh...

After a scheduled refresh the report has no data - Page 2 - Microsoft Power BI Community

4. You can check to see if any filters are affecting the appearance of the data, and if you click the reset button to revert back to the default state.

If the results don't meet your expectations, can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

this case already solve 

before that i using new column to create calculation 

and i release my mistake so i use power query to created new calculation and column base on custom column and i refresh the data source at ower bi desktop 

next i publish again to fabric workspace and data will be same from desktop and power bi app or (fabric)

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.