Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Now92Jah
Frequent Visitor

Custom tooltip for table with measures - sorting columns

Hi, 

I have a table with data about sale of products sliced with month/year. 

The results were calculated using measures, different for each product. 

I also needed to add tooltip showing sale per client per product - it required from me to build custom tooltip&measure. 

I used those solutions: 

Solved: Re: Custom Tooltip on Matrix Based on Measure - Microsoft Power BI Community
Solved: Can I have a tooltip per entry to a table? - Microsoft Power BI Community

It worked perfectly. The only problem is that I have columns in alphabetical order, whereas I need them to put in my own order. 

Is there a way to do that? 
The only way I found is to ad letters in headers, like A. B. C. - but it is not an elegant solution. 

Thanks for help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Now92Jah 

Your matrix data also seems to come from another table. Note that you need to sort the column fields in the matrix. Click on the column field of the matrix to sort by the sorting column. Instead of sorting the column fields summarized to another table.

To make it easier to understand, I created an Sample

vangzhengmsft_0-1636596649573.png

vangzhengmsft_1-1636596658717.png

vangzhengmsft_2-1636596684041.png

Please refer to the attachment below for details. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Now92Jah 

May I ask if your problem has been solved? Is the above post helpful to you?

If  it does, could you please mark the post which help as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem with you. Thank you.😀

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Now92Jah 

Your matrix data also seems to come from another table. Note that you need to sort the column fields in the matrix. Click on the column field of the matrix to sort by the sorting column. Instead of sorting the column fields summarized to another table.

To make it easier to understand, I created an Sample

vangzhengmsft_0-1636596649573.png

vangzhengmsft_1-1636596658717.png

vangzhengmsft_2-1636596684041.png

Please refer to the attachment below for details. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Now92Jah 

Do you need to create a tooltip for a matrix and then sort the columns of the matrix?
If so, you can create a sorted table, use the RELATED function to add a sorting column to the main table after establishing a relationship with the main table, and finally sort the target column according to the sorting column.

You can check this thread for more details

sort months into chronological order

Best Regards,

Hi @v-angzheng-msft , 

Tried this solution - did not worked out. Maybe because it is used with the table which function is to be the headhers of a matrix, therefore it has only unique values? 
Relation:

Now92Jah_0-1636542532052.png

Headers of the key table:

Now92Jah_1-1636542567741.png

Supporting sorting table: 

Now92Jah_2-1636542598998.png

My final table, which needs to be sorted in my order (sorry for that, my model is to big to create sample data): 

Now92Jah_3-1636542761482.png

Any ideas, what can I do? 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

assuming your tooltip is fed by a report page you should be able to add another tooltip to the visual on that page, and then sort by that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.