Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mdufresne34
Frequent Visitor

Connecting Microsoft Form to Power BI

Hello, 

I'm trying to connect my microsoft form data to Power BI, i tried following this tutorial : Easiest Way to Connect to Microsoft Forms Data in Power BI - BI Elite and my URL does the same thing as in the tutorial (downloading the excel file associated to my form's answers). 

But i'm getting the following errors when i try to connect to the web content : 

2023-02-21 09_50_10-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png2023-02-21 09_50_34-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png

I tried editing and deleting the credentials but it doesn't change the error, do you know where it might be coming from ?

Best regards, 

MD

8 REPLIES 8
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

If your form is linked to a M365 group, it will sync your data to an Excel file in the linked SharePoint site that you can connect directly to in PBI. I have a video on how to do this here: https://youtu.be/HgFGyBbpMCA

If your Form isn't currently associated with a group, you can associate it with one in the Forms web app. 

Daniel_Cazares

Hi, I found this alternative to work really well for me, described by user Mathew Parowski on another MS forum.

It's not directly Forms, but it also doesn't involve using Power Automate as other options do.

Re: is there any way to connect MS Forms responses directly in the Power BI instead of storing in ex...

LSime

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a fix for this? Thank you.

No fix but afterall I'm happy with the workaround storing responses in a SharePoint list. Gave me the opportunity to correct some mistakes respondents made.

acruz5
Regular Visitor

This is still an issue. I hope it gets resolved soon. 

BIntelligence
Frequent Visitor

@farbelow I had to implement a workaround. Created a SharePoint list plus a Power Automate cloud flow that runs when a new response is received. Responsedata is now stored in the SharePoint list which I use as datasource in Power BI. 

farbelow

This use to work for me, but now I'm getting the same error message.  I need help too.

BIntelligence
Frequent Visitor

Exactly same over here. Haven't found a solution yet. Too bad this doesn't work anymore.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.