Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ola1996
Helper I
Helper I

Changes in relationship

Hello, 

I would ask you about Power BI connection with Dynamics 365 Business Central cloud. Is it possible that something change in relationship in last updates??

I was creating report using Business Central on premise and all relationship worked perfect, now when I change database to cloud (migrate data from on premise to cloud BC) I want to use exacly the same tables as before but relationships don't work properly. I need to have relationshisp one-to-many  but I can have only many-to-many.  Strage situation, please help. 

3 REPLIES 3
danno
Resolver V
Resolver V

is the data exactly the same?  sometimes the relationships flag this issue if there is a null in a key column at one end of the relationship. 

(Sorry Amit - overlapping messages :))

@danno @amitchandak 

Thank you so much for your replay.

Yes, data are exacly the same. I was preparing report based on this data in January and even if I had null value in one key column I could create relationship one to many. Now I can't. Is there any option solve this problem? Now we need to implement this report on client side and we can't. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ola1996 , if you get a null value on the one side. It will become many to many

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.